Did you know that at least half of those experiencing homelessness in metro Denver are families with children, and the No. 1 clothing item they need are socks?
Lakewood, in partnership with the Metro Mayor’s Caucus, will have a food and sock drive for several weeks in November to benefit the Action Center serving residents who are homeless in Lakewood and Jefferson County. The drive is also in recognition of Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week, which is Nov. 11-19 this year.
WHAT: Food and sock drive to help those who are homeless
WHERE: Donations accepted at drop-off boxes at Lakewood facilities
WHEN: Running through Nov. 17
Drop-off boxes for the public to donate nonperishable food and socks are available at the locations listed below.
- City Clerk’s Office, 480 S. Allison Parkway, (south building)
- Permits Counter, 470 S. Allison Parkway, (north building)
- Employee Relations Department, 480 S. Allison Parkway, (south building)
- Police Department, 445 S. Allison Parkway
- Lakewood Cultural Center, 470 S. Allison Parkway, (south building)
- Clements Community Center, 1580 Yarrow St.
- Lakewood recreation centers: Carmody, Green Mountain, Lakewood Link and Whitlock. Locations and hours available at Lakewood.org/RecreationCenters.